Celebrating my century!
I wrote my first post on confessionsofawinegeek on October 22nd last year. 11 months later and the century is up; this is my 100th post.
Time has whizzed by and the words have continued to flow, so much so that I’m celebrating the occasion by cheating! Here are my top 10 favourite posts and for each an explanation why, from oldest to newest.
Please enjoy the articles whether you’re reading them for the first time or just revisiting… And thank you all for your support!
- USA vs. France… Again? A blind tasting at a family get together was the inspiration behind my first post
- Cava tasting at Freixenet. On a long weekend in Barcelona we took the train out to Freixenet and discovered the joy of Cava.
- Leoville Barton vertical. My first experience of top class Bordeaux – there was no turning back after this.
- My wine hero. Jez is one of the reasons I love wine so much and I just had to write an article about the importance of having a relationship with your independent wine merchant
- Best value wine list… no Bull. I was so amazed at the value on offer on the wine list at Ye Olde Bull’s Head in Beaumaris that I just had to wrote about it.
- Riesling from the Ashes. One of the things I wanted to do was to get friends drinking Rielsing… and its worked; last time a few of us got together everyone brought a bottle!
- Camel Valley Gold. I’ve visited a few English wineries and written about them on ‘confessions’, but this was my favourite.
- What wine with KFC. Wine can be fun and enjoyed with even the dirtiest of food!
- Tasting of Vosne Romanee. Three letters. DRC. Nothing else needs to be said.
- Matching wine & crisps. More fun with daft food and win pairings… and I love Monster Munch!
Here’s to the next 100!